Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

More tomorrow!!

So the ducks had managed to meander away from this blog for a little bit, but I'm working on corralling them and getting back to it. (Perhaps I'll never get them in a row, but hopefully I can keep them contained in my yard!)

The past couple of weeks have been an interesting ride. I've gone from completely losing my groove -- feeling quite aimless, actually -- to finding a new resolve and sense of purpose. I'm not sure exactly how or why my groove left -- well, it didn't leave a note -- but, at the risk of understating, that sucked.

On top of the lost groove, my wife had surgery and my water polo season started up (I coach...), so life had decided to pick up the pace on me, as sometimes it does.

Oh, and there's the day job. (Yeah, the one I hate.) (As previously mentioned, the company itself is absolutely fantastic and the job would be great for the right person, but that person certainly isn't me.)

The job had some definite contribution to my groove packing its little bag and heading for the shore.

But I'm not here to complain. That is not the point! The point is... Well, I'm not sure I really have one yet. (Pretty much, I wanted to get back into this and needed to just jump in.)

Hmmm.

Maybe the point is that the Ducks are back. (Picture them rolling into town on motorcycles, clad in black leather jackets and wearing bad-ass sunglasses. Also, they are listening to Katy Perry's "California Girls," which is my current jam.)

More tomorrow!!

7 comments:

  1. Glad to see the ducks are back! I just got Katy Perry's new music from iTunes. Her new album is super awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never met anyone who coached water polo.
    And when they wander out of their row, it's time for roast duck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ducks are SOOOO cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. This describes me, too. Well, er... without the water polo and surgery and such. Just the lost groove. I lost it in a good way, though. Went home to visit the family and didn't write anything but a short story and only got one blog post in. Oh, well. At least the ducks came back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! You're baaaack! Hey, I think it's impossible to go forever without losing some steam every now and then. And nobody wants to feel like being here is a chore, right? Wouldn't it be great if we could do this for a living? Life would be sweeeet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, hope you are okay. Sounds like you've got a lot going on. Don't burn out/up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you lost your groove. Stella got hers back by sleeping with a younger man (very hot Taye Digs, I might add), but I guess that won't work for you for a number of reasons. Anyway, glad to see you back, you crazy duck you!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. (All the cool kids are doing it.)