Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Awards Ceremony

Alright... If you aren't already aware of this, I was issued an award from Lydia Kang the other day. (Thank, you again, Lydia!!)

On Friday I wrote about winning the award and my acceptance speech, etc. If you haven't already read it, you might want to take a minute and do that, so you don't get lost and all.

Don't worry, we'll wait...

Some of you guys were diappointed that I didn't have/include any pictures. I actually got a lot of hate mail about it. My mailbox was stuffed with "letters" -- apparently that is how people used to communicate when they still lived in caves -- deriding me for doing too much telling and not enough showing*.

* That is a shout out for all my writer peeps out there. Respect. Wes'side. A'igth.

Now, there weren't any photographers around, unfortunately, so I hired a professional artist to do an authentic rendering of my day in glory. This is what Vincent Van Gogh drew for me...


Personally, I think he nailed what is widely being regarded as "the single greatest day in history." (I can't remember who said that, but it was probably someone really important and possibly not me.)

(Keep your eye out for that Van Gogh fella. He's bound to be a mover and shaker in the art community some day.)

6 comments:

  1. Hmmmm. Not quite as clear as I would have hoped. I blame Van Gogh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pic. You've redeemed yourself. ;)
    And congrats on the award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious! Now, I expect you to print that pic out and hang it on your fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm relieved your paparazzi Van Gogh didn't capture me too at Lydia's gala ceremony. I don't like the way he accentuates people's tans in his red carpet pics, and as a celebrity I have to be careful with my public image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to question the Bieber Baby Bump, but why would I ruin a proud moment like this?

    But wow, Van Gogh has really be working on his horizons. He's got it down now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope this victorious moment has been memorialized in a large, ornate frame over the fireplace....you can send me that plasma tv that used to be there...you don't watch that crap anymore anyway.

    The details are extraordinary....but really...a red bow tie? Have I taught you nothing???

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. (All the cool kids are doing it.)